Returning Rowers born in 2008 or earlier (U19, U17) $2099
Returning Rowers born in 2009 or later $1840
Beginner Rowers (all ages) $1840
Beginner Rowing starts with a free 1-week trial! For information and to register, please click here.
|Beginners/U17/U16/U15||MONDAY - FRIDAY||5:00 - 7:00 PM|
|U19||MONDAY - FRIDAY||
5:00 - 7:00 AM
Starting 1/16/23, choice of morning 5-7am or afternoon 5-7pm practice
|U19/U17||SATURDAY||6:00 - 9:00 AM|
(practice times may vary dependent on weather conditions and outside factors.)
*Saturday morning practice times may slightly vary per crew
All participation fees are non-refundable.
Insurance may be purchased through RegSaver Registration Insurance in the event your athlete withdraws from participation early for various reasons. More information available at the end of registration, prior to payment.
Critical to our team’s success is your commitment to practice. Attendance, plus good technical skills, erg scores and coach's intuition are all taken into consideration when making lineups. If you face an unavoidable absence, you must notify your coach or coxswain as early as possible. Missed practices can definitely impact boatings.
In completing this registration you will provide:
|2/04/2023||SWEAT Indoor||U19, U17, U15||Jesuit Prep, Dallas||$25|
|2/12/2023||Carson Memorial Scrimmage||U19, U17, U15||Austin||$55|
|2/25/2023||Heart of Texas||U19, U17, U15||Austin, TX||$55|
|TBD (1st part of spring break)||OKC Invite||U19, U17, U15||Oklahoma City||$350|
|One of the Following:||U19, U17||$1050|
|3/25/2023*||Husky Open||Seattle, WA|
|3/31/2023*||San Diego Crew Classic||San Diego, CA|
|4/08/2023*||Southern CA League Cal Cup||Long Beach, CA|
|4/22-23/2023||Texas Rowing Championships||U19, U17, U15||WRL or Waco||$55|
|5/06-07/2023||USRowing Central Youth Championships||U19, U17, U15||Oklahoma City, OK||$535|
|6/08-11/2023||USRowing Youth Nationals (qualifying boats)||U19, U17, U15||Sarasota FL||$1650|
*We are currently narrowing down our options for Spring 2023 travel regattas. Please keep these dates open until we announce our final schedule.
The Dallas United Crew Youth Team operates on the philosophy that all rowers and coxswains have the right to learn the sport of rowing. To do so, each athlete needs a climate that is satisfying and productive and is not filled with disruptive behavior by other athletes. This document presents guidelines for maintaining such an atmosphere during practices, regattas, and other team sponsored events.
1. Behavior: All rowers must demonstrate good sportsmanship at all times. Respect for other participants, coaches, officials, chaperones and spectators are essential for fair competition and is expected at all times. An athlete with a negative impact on the team will not be allowed to continue attending team functions. This includes, but is not limited to: fighting/physical harassment, use of racial slurs, sexual harassment, promiscuous behavior, indecent gestures, disruptive conduct, profanity, and disobedience to authority - including coaches, race officials, regatta staff, and chaperones. This includes any team sponsored activity at the Boathouse, on buses, in hotels, at restaurants, and at the regatta site.
2. Attendance: Rowing is a team sport – participants depend on each other. When a rower or coxswain does not come to practice it upsets the entire boat. Actions and in‐actions affect everyone on the team. Consider this and act accordingly. Unavoidable absences must be emailed and communicated directly from the athlete to the coaching staff as early as possible. Missed practice will impact boatings.
3. Driving: Rowers who drive a car to practice are required to drive safely at the practice site. No rower is allowed to drive
themselves to any away regatta. Prior to leaving regatta site using alternate transportation, rowers must provide coach and chaperone with an email or written permission, signed by parent.
4. Controlled Substances: Possession or use of controlled substances (drugs, chemicals, steroids, alcohol, tobacco, or weapons) is strictly prohibited.
5. Theft: Rowers will be respectful of others' possessions and understand that they are financially responsible for any damage that they may cause. Theft of private property reflects negatively on the team and will not be tolerated. Destruction or vandalism of the Boathouse property as well as unauthorized access in unauthorized areas will not be tolerated. Individuals (and parents) will be held responsible for any damage to any equipment, rooms, buses, etc.
6. Travel: During travel with crew, rowers will stay with the group at all times and understand that they must follow the instructions of their Chaperone. No mixing of boys and girls in any hotel rooms/floors at any time unless the coaches are present for a meeting. Rowers may not enter other athletes’ rooms. Rowers are not to leave their designated room after curfew.
7. Hazing, Harassment and Bullying Policy: Any form of abusive behavior, harassment, bullying or cyberbullying committed against another will not be tolerated and may be subject to team suspension or worse, dismissal. At the same time, if you are the one being mistreated, harassed or bullied, you will immediately report it to the Coaching Staff.
ENFORCEMENT: Failure to abide by the rules expressly written here, or given verbally by a Coach or Chaperone, may result in one or all of the following: removal from the line-up, immediate suspension from events or dismissal from the DUC Youth Team. In each case, the Coach will consult all parties involved, notify parents and Director and take the following course of action:
1. Warning - for minor violations. Coach will give warning to rower. If repeated warnings are necessary, parents will receive phone call from coach to discuss violations and possible solutions.
2. Removal from line-up - for more serious violations or repeated warnings.
3. Immediate suspension from events - for very serious violations. Meeting will be held with parents and Director to discuss violations, length of suspension, and possible solutions. Parents may be required to retrieve a suspended or dismissed rower from a trip at their own expense.
4. Dismissal from team - for most serious violations or repeated violations after attempting to solve issues with steps 1-3. Prior to dismissal.
Please direct questions to:
Select an option to continue with the registration.